source site NOVA Health Recovery <<< Ketamine Treatment Center Fairfax, Virginia follow url CAll 703-844-0184 for an immediate appointment to evaluate you for a Ketamine infusion: http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=acquistare-viagra-generico-25-mg-a-Firenze Ketaminealexandria.com 703-844-0184 Call for an infusion to treat your depression. PTSD, Anxiety, CRPS, or other pain disorder today. source site firstname.lastname@example.org << Email for questions to the doctor http://maientertainmentlaw.com/?search=cialis-pills-in-australia Ketamine center in Fairfax, Virginia << Ketamine infusions click here Ketamine – NOVA Ketamine facebook page – ketamine treatment for depression quanto costa viagra generico 50 mg online a Verona facebook Ketamine page prednisone 20mg side affects NOVA Health Recovery << Ketamine clinic Fairfax, Va – Call 703-844-0184 for an appointment – Fairfax, Virginia Ketamine Consultants Blog Ketamine Virginia = Ketamine IV Drip Doctors The IV Medical Center - IV Vitamin Drips for wellness and recovery
The VA Recognizes Ketamine As An Emergency Treatment For PTSD And Depression Patients At High Suicide Risk
CLEARWATER, Fla., Sept. 27, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Long used as an safe and effective sedative for surgery, Ketamine has found new life as a treatment for severe depression, PTSD and suicidal ideation. Praised by some mental health experts, the drug so far has achieved very good results in clinical trials. The military now recognizes its’ potential, and last fall Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio became part of study on its effects. BAMC will treat active-duty troops with Ketamine, while a VA hospital near Yale will treat veterans. Another study is currently underway at a Veterans Affairs medical center in Cleveland, Ohio. The VA is trying to stem the tide of rising suicide rates among veterans, which average 22 per day – that’s one suicide every 65 minutes.
A staff psychiatrist at the Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center in Ohio, Dr. Punit Vaidya stated “30% of individuals with major depression don’t respond to traditional medications, so people can become desperate for things that work, because they can have a huge impact on their quality of life, and their overall functioning. The effects of the ketamine infusion can often be seen within a day, if not hours,” Vaidya explained. “If you look at their depression ratings and suicidal ratings given right before treatment and even four hours later you can see a significant reduction and I think that’s really quite remarkable,” Vaidya said.
Dr. Ashraf Hanna, a board certified physician and director of pain management at the Florida Spine Institute in Clearwater, Florida discusses PTSD and Treatment-Resistant Depression: “There are many forms of depression that can be treated by a psychiatrist with various modalities, anti-depressants and psychotherapy. IV Ketamine therapy is only reserved for those patients that have Treatment-Resistant Depression that have failed conventional therapy. IV Ketamine infusion therapyhas offered a new hope to patients that had no hope.”
When asked what prompted his use of IV Ketamine for PTSD and Depression and if any universities were involved in its development, Dr. Hanna went on to say: “There have been multiple universities involved in the research such as Harvard, Yale and Stanford that have proven the success rate of IV Ketamine for treatment-resistant depression. Since I was already successfully using IV Ketamine for CRPS/RSD,Fibromyalgia, Neuropathy, and Post-Treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome, with over 10,000 infusions to date, I wanted to expand the treatment for PTSD, Depression, bipolar and Obsessive Compulsive Disorders. Since I am not a psychiatrist, I do not treat depression, but I work with qualified psychiatrists, and if he or she feels the patient has failed other treatment modalities, I then administer IV Ketamine for treatment-resistant depression.”
Dr. Bal Nandra and Ketamine patient Jason LaHood on how Ketamine is redefining the way patients are treated for depression
Links for Ketamine Articles
- http://maientertainmentlaw.com/?search=lasix-10mg NYMag.com – What It’s Like to Have Your Severe Depression Treated With a Hallucinogenic Drug
- comprare vardenafil senza ricetta Firenze Huffington Post – How Ketamine May Help Treat Severe Depression
- Murrough, Iosifescu, Chang et al. Antidepressant Efficacy in Treatment-Resistant Major Depression: A Two-Site Randomized Controlled Trial Am J Psychiatry. 2013 Oct 1, 170(10): 1134-1142
- Murrough, Perez, Pillemer, et al.. Rapid and Longer0Term Antidepressant Effects of Repeated Ketamine Infusions in Treatment-Resistant Major Depression Biol Psychiatry 2013 Aug 15; 74(4): 250-256
- Murrough, Burdick, Levitch et al. Neurocognitive Effects of Ketamine and Association with Antidepressant Response in Individuals with Treatment-Resistant Depression: A Randomized Controlled Trial Neuropsychopharmacology 2015 Apr; 40(5): 1084-1090
- Feder, Parides, et al. Efficacy of Intravenous Ketamine for Treatment of Chronic Posttraumatic Stress Disorder A Randomized Clinical Trial Jama Psychiatry 2014 June;71(6): 681-8
- Schwartz, Murrough, Iosifescu Ketamine for treatment-resistant depression: recent developments and clinical applications Evid Based Ment Health 2016 May; 19(2):35-8
- Rodriguez, Kegeles, et al Randomized Controlled Crossover Trial of Ketamine in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Proof-of-Concept Neuropsychopharmacology 2013 Nov; 38(12): 2475-2483
- Singh, Fedgchin, Daly et al. A Double-Blind, Randomized, Pacebo-Controlled, Dose-Frequency Study of Intravenous Ketamine in Patients With Treatment-Resistant Depression American Journal of Psychiatry 2016 August; 173(8): 816-826
- Taylor, Landeros-Weisenberger, Coughlin et al. Ketamine for Social Anxiety Disorder: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Crossover Trial Neuropsychopharmacology 2017 August;
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AT AN INFUSION VISIT?
We will ask you to fast for 8 hours before your infusion. Once you have checked in, you will complete a questionnaire to assess your current status. The IV will be started in your hand or your arm using a small catheter. This may feel like a sting from a small bug bite. The Ketamine will be administered through your IV over a period of 40 minutes. We will take your vital signs before, during, and after the infusion. After resting for an additional 15-20 minutes after the infusion, you will be discharged home with your driver.
- What is Ketamine?
Ketamine is an anesthetic drug that has been available since the 1960’s. In high doses, it can cause a ‘dissociative anesthesia” which induces hypnosis like states as well as unconsciousness. Around 2000, scientists started looking at Ketamine IV infusions carefully when its clinical usefulness was expanded to include a role in the management of mood disorders as well as chronic pain.
- Why can I not drive the day of the infusion?
Ketamine is a potent anesthetic. As with any anesthetic, we advise our patients to NOT operate any heavy machinery for the remainder of the day due to potential residual effects.
- What are the side effects?
Less than 2% of people will experience side effects. Some of the common side effects are: drowsiness, nausea, dizziness, poor coordination, blurred vision, and feeling strange or unreal. Most of these symptoms dissipate after the first hour of receiving the infusion.
- Are there certain conditions that are contra-indications for Ketamine treatment?
Yes. If you have a history of cardiovascular disease, uncontrolled hypertension, history of psychosis, history of failed Ketamine infusion treatment, history of substance abuse or dependence within the year (patients will undergo a screening process) you will not qualify for Ketamine infusion treatments.
- How will I know if I need a booster infusion and how frequently will I require them?
The duration of antidepressant efficacy after the initial treatment is different for everyone. The studies show that the variance can be 15 days to indefinitely. This is quite a range and unfortunately, there are no predictors for the duration.
- Is there a guarantee that this will work for me?
Unfortunately, we cannot give guarantees. Studies have shown that 70% of people will obtain efficacy. After the first 2 infusions, we will be able to ascertain whether the infusions will work for you. We will not advise you to continue your treatment after the first 2 infusions if we do not see a certain amount of improvement.
- Isn’t Ketamine addictive?
Ketamine has the potential to be addictive. Studies have shown that at these doses and frequency, Ketamine is not addictive.
- Do I have to continue my current treatments for depression?
Yes. We advise that you alert your current health care provider that you are undergoing these treatments and that you maintain your current regimen. It can be dangerous to stop taking your medications without the care of a physician. Our patients have a brighter outlook and a positive drive after their treatment that has allowed them to have higher success rates with psychotherapy. We will be happy to work with your current health care provider to provide the optimal outcome.